The staff pharmacist processes prescriptions, oversees and directs pharmacy technician workflow, provides pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care teams and patients, and identifies and solves day-to-day operational issues.
1. Reviews, interprets, clarifies, and enters prescriber orders/prescriptions.
2. Prepares all forms of medications using accurate calculations and proper procedures.
3. Maintains and improves operational efficiency and accuracy by training, organizing and directing pharmacy technician workflow. Verifies the accuracy of their order entry, preparation, and labeling of prescriptions.
4. Listens attentively and responds promptly to customers’ needs, requests and concerns in a respectful manner.
5. Utilizes available information to track and understand each patient’s medication history and make recommendations to prescribers as the situation requires.
6. Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling customers on drug therapies.
7. Maintains safe, clean and organized work environment.
8. Collaborates with research staff on investigational drug research. Maintains accurate records, dispenses and labels per research protocol.
9. Performs competencies and assigned training prior to deadline. Completes professional continuing education as required by rules and regulations of governing body.
10. Provides after hours services to hospital personnel as requested.
11. Assists Director of Pharmacy in implementation of department initiatives.
1. Checks accuracy and expiration dates, and stocks Pyxis machines as needed.
2. Checks customers out at register efficiently and accurately.
3. Inventories, stocks and places orders for the pharmacy stock as needed.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
3. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
4. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
6. Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
7. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
8. Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal local travel may be required.
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy required.
One (1) year of pharmacy experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
1. Must possess current Colorado pharmacist license (RPh)
2. Must be certified in American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or become certified within 6 months of employment.
3. Must be APhA Immunization certified or become certified within 6 months of employment.