Physical Therapist - Pool/PRN
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Rehab Services
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13043
- Evaluates patients, considering the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation process of the patient in a safe manner. Interprets evaluation of findings to patients, family/significant other and care team. Reassesses patient progress on an on-going basis, assists with scheduling, and charges patients appropriately for services rendered.
- Develops goals and treatment plans to achieve identified goals. Coordinates treatment plan with the patient, the patient’s family, and care team. Treatment plan to include communication of a home or community program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their own environment. Evaluates and may recommend termination of services when maximum benefit has been achieved.
- Implements care and treatment safely on land and/or in shallow/deep ends of the therapy pool directly or provides technical direction to a physical therapist assistant that recognizes age specific needs and issues of the customer. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals.
- Documents results of patient’s evaluation, treatment, follow-up and termination of service. Reviews the quality and appropriateness of individual rehabilitation therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria and considering age specific issues. Maintains service-related records; follows billing and documentation procedures.
- Plans and realizes continuing education, career development needs, and cross-training, as directed. Provides technical direction to assistants, aides, and volunteers, as well as student affiliations/internships. Maintains professional development and education related records. Develops and provides in-service education to members of the Rehabilitation Services department and the hospital as assigned.
- Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Care Management: Having the knowledge and skills to secure relevant patient information and identify key issues and relationships in the management of patient care; understanding the relationships among assessments, interventions, and patient responses; skilled in documentation of assessments and adjusting physical and cognitive prescriptions as needed.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.