This position focuses on developing and improving referral relationships between National Jewish Health physicians and other providers in the service area, with goals of maximizing referral opportunities for all service lines. Responsible for increasing patient referrals, continually strengthening relationships with providers and positioning National Jewish Health clinicians as thought leaders. This position also provides assistance in developing specific departmental marketing and sales plans, communicating concerns identified in the field to the appropriate internal entities and alerting leadership of potential strategic opportunities.
- Facilitates and manages productive relationships with referral physicians/providers and their office staff.
- Represents the institution to referral sources by conducting presentations offsite and on campus to inform and educate community physicians and hospitals about the specialty services offered by the institution to encourage referrals.
- Manages public speaking engagements and requests for speakers, trade shows, business meetings and seminars to promote the expertise of the physicians and the medical institution.
- Participates/facilitates problem resolution between referring physicians and the institution.
- Collects data to systematically identify and document problems experienced by referring physicians and hospitals, as well as identifying opportunities and successes. Works with marketing leadership and other departments to identify trends and improvements to help address issues.
- Interacts with NJH staff to improve communications and increase understanding of the referring physicians’ needs and expectations. Participates in lead development and implementation of integrated communications plan for the physician community.
- Maintains an effective customer management system, SalesForce, to document calls, responses, activities, referrals, complaints and compliments. Reports regularly on this data and helps highlight trends, suggest solutions, and recognize opportunities.
- Creates strategic plan for working territory and cross selling of Professional Education, Sleep Center, Clinical Laboratories and Clinical Trials as necessary.
- Participates in the development of clinical marketing plans and related sales materials.
- Aids in defining and identifying market trade area, participates in setting objectives, forecasts, and means of evaluation of market penetration. Recommends and coordinates activities that will promote interest in the products and services offered by the medical institution.
- Compiles information pertinent to potential new markets and competitive activities.
- Responsible for communicating to marketing leadership any market changes and strategic opportunities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Incumbent must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Sales Force. Outstanding interpersonal communication and problem solving skills required, possesses the ability to communicate to the audience verbally and in writing. Has an understanding of the importance of data, trends, measurement in making decisions and guiding planning. Excellent communications skills required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or healthcare field required.
Certification and Licensure
Valid Colorado Driver’s License required.
A minimum five (5) years of direct healthcare sales or relationship management required, clinical experience preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
About 75 percent of employee’s time is expected to be in the field calling on practices, meeting with providers and other work related activities. Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tool, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather. Occasional travel to outlying regions and to key conferences will be required.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.