Physician Relations Specialist
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Marketing
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12613
This position focuses on cultivating relationships between National Jewish Health physicians and referring providers, with goals of maximizing referral opportunities for all service lines. The person in this role is responsible for increasing patient referrals, continually strengthening relationships with providers and positioning National Jewish Health clinicians as thought leaders. This position also develops physician outreach plans, measures results, and communicates concerns identified in the field to the appropriate internal entities and alerting leadership of potential strategic opportunities.
- Researches and targets small, medium, and large physician groups in Colorado and Wyoming whose patient population is suited to National Jewish Health service lines.
- Identifies competitor information, market changes and strategic opportunities and reports them to marketing leadership.
- Facilitates and manages productive relationships with referral physicians/providers and their office staff in defined service area. Continuously evaluates needs of the providers to insure that National Jewish Health services are highly relevant and marketable.
- Coordinates and leads presentations to current and potential referring physician groups. Educates physicians and appropriate office personnel on National Jewish Health services.
- Regularly creates opportunities to connect National Jewish Health physicians with referring physicians/providers.
- Develops and implements detailed outreach plan for assigned territory. Documents calls, activities, referrals, complaints and compliments in customer relationship management (CRM) system weekly. Maintains accurate customer records, including practice and provider names, in CRM.
- Collects data to systematically identify and document problems experienced by referring physicians, as well as identify opportunities and successes. Contributes to reports measuring the results of efforts. Works with marketing leadership and other departments, as appropriate, to identify trends and areas of improvement to help address issues.
- Regularly interacts with National Jewish Health faculty and staff to understand new opportunities and needs of clinical programs offered by the institution.
- Collaborates with Saint Joseph Hospital physician relations team to promote clinical programs marketed under the Joint Operating Agreement.
- Identifies needs for collateral and other materials that support physician relations efforts and collaborates with marketing to produce the pieces.
- Researches, identifies and engages in opportunities to participate in regional conferences for health care professionals through exhibits or presentations relating to National Jewish Health service lines. Supports national tradeshow conferences as appropriate.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Frequent local travel. Occasional national travel.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
Five years of direct healthcare sales or relationship management required. Clinical experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Valid driver’s license required.