Are your ducks always in a row because it would drive you crazy if they were not?
Does a quick change in plans not fluster you?
Do you see the big picture on a project and say "No problem!"
If you can look at what is going on today and plan for what will happen 3 months from now, this is your niche at National Jewish!
The Physician Team Relations & Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for the seamless execution of daily physician schedules and the creation of future schedules for hospital faculty on an on-going basis
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with extensive attention to detail. This person will also have the ability to make command decisions to appropriate workflow properly and be able to handle change requests with ease.
National Jewish Health is the #1 respiratory research and treatment center in the nation (ranked by US News & World Report) and a leader in allergic, immune and related conditions. For 119 years, National Jewish Health has been on the forefront of discovery and care.
Previous health care experience is a MUST!
· Sets up and maintains physician schedule templates
· Builds and maintains relationships among physicians, nursing, and practice managers to ensure quality service is delivered.
· Conducts regular audits of the schedules & orders to ensure timely scheduling of all appointments.
· Identifies hindering factors that create scheduling issues with physician, departmental leadership, and practice managers, developing resolutions for the issues.
· Ensures maximum efficiency goals for patients, staff and ancillary staffing are met.
· Maintains communication with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments.
· Upholds appropriate level of expertise with the scheduling system, registration system, EMR system and NJH clinical operations
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Managing Work & Time: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e. budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
4. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless or individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
5. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
6. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in administrative, healthcare, communications, or other related field preferred.
· A minimum of four 4 years of recent experience in daily administrative operations in a hospital or other outpatient healthcare setting required.
· Experience in healthcare scheduling preferred.