Postdoctoral Research Associate - Genetics
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Genetics
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm
Req # 12068
- Performs, on a very independent basis, all phases of experimental genetics/genomics investigations, to include being responsible to the Principal Investigator in the planning, developing, operating, recording, collaborating and reporting of major genetics/genomics projects.
- Collaborates with Principal Investigators and senior researchers in the progress of major research projects.
- Provides guidance to laboratory staff in one or more laboratory areas, including technicians, support and auxiliary staff. Performs as the technical advisor on complex analyses of gene and genetic variant function through the performance and use gene-editing technologies and 2D, 3D, organoid cell culture models, and other sophisticated techniques.
- Serves as primary contact with researcher staff for technical services on major genetic/genomic techniques, recording devices and statistical procedures relative to the specifically assigned field.
- Reviews quality control of new or modified laboratory techniques which affect any part of major projects.
- Performs routine and non-routine tests leading to the successful completion of developed experiments. Knows and follows age-specific guidelines.
- Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Prepares scientific manuscripts related to the genetic/genomic analyses conducted.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.