The Project Management (PM) group provides management, support, and/or direction for clinical, developmental, tracking, and improvement projects involving the Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory. This Project Analyst position is to perform under the direction of the Project Management team to manage and analyze technical data in the clinical laboratory, and to serve as the primary point of contact for communication with the customer during project execution. This position is to produce accurate data management for all clients and perform the following essential responsibilities.
1. Performs basic project management execution responsibilities with assistance from the project manager, and takes responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
2. Works with PreAnalytical (PA) to detect and investigate discrepancies between client shipping manifests and Scopes of Work (SOW). Communicates with the client to schedule shipments and resolve discrepancies, and assists Account Manager in amending SOWs. Provides PA with ordering instructions detailing tests to be run for each sample received, and ensures open and effective communication around sample scheduling with PA and the Project Manager.
3. Responsible for sample tracking and maintaining a specimen database to ensure all specimens are located and in the queue to run. Works with supervisors and PA to locate specimens as needed and schedule testing according to project timelines.
4. Works with clients/stakeholders to determine and resolve final specimen disposition in a timely manner and according to any contractual obligations.
5. Responsible for ensuring all information on the data table is complete, formatted properly, and delivered to the Project Manager for review according to timelines, promptly communicates to the Project Manager any discrepancies or missing information, and corrects data per audit findings.
6. Performs necessary data analysis, complies data graphs, preliminary data reports and study billing reports, delivers all data and reports to the Project Manager and or Laboratory Director for review according to study and billing timelines.
7. Establishes initial files (electronic and paper) that will contain all documents necessary for execution of study. Work with PM to maintain these files for duration of study and beyond as required by appropriate regulatory agencies. Assists other staff members with the coordination of data for master files. Assists in Audit prep.
8. Answers inquiries from existing and potential referral clients regarding procedures/tests available for different clinical situations. Advises clients how to obtain information, documentation, and forms from the website. Facilitates introduction to Account Management for contract work.
9. Responsible for updating study and project information in project management tools.
10. Maintains an understanding of the routine workflow of the laboratory and maintains a working, technical knowledge of each test performed, and specific methodologies used by the laboratory.
11. Follows GxP (e.g., GLP, GCLP, GCP, etc.) standards as defined by different national and international organizations (e.g., ISO, FDA, OECD, etc.) when appropriate for clinical or preclinical trials.
12. Maintains a working knowledge of project management tools include Smart Sheet (or other Project Management software), IST tool, study tracker, etc.
1. Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
2. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Laboratory Knowledge: Coaches others in developing and improving laboratory testing methods, possesses cross functional laboratory knowledge in other ADx laboratories.
2. Creativity: Supports and delivers initiatives, focuses well on vision or concept implementation, generates new ideas and assist with implementation
3. Customer Focus: Proactively shares new knowledge with appropriate constituents, will look at processes and results with the laboratory in mind, and with the customer or patient in the forefront, brokers customer and physician relationships with other complementary service providers or departments, shares new knowledge with appropriate colleagues, clients and physicians as necessary.
4. Decision Quality: Solutions prove to be correct and accurate when judged over time, understands and makes decisions that benefit the laboratory and the individual.
5. Drive for Results: Productivity is above expectations, balances achieving individual goals with providing value to laboratory, volunteers for additional projects and identifies new initiatives and fills in for staff absences, takes responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
6. Informing Communicating: Informs coworkers/leadership of when work product may be affected, Identifies key issues to pursue for maximum input rather than arguing every point, demonstrates ability to restate others' positions accurately--reflecting both facts and feelings, maintains long-term objectives while resolving short-term challenges.
7. Managing Change: Balances competing demands of multiple projects by setting priorities, communicating change, and meeting deadlines, recovers quickly from setbacks and maintains focus under stress, can handle multiple changes in direction or assignments, consistently learns quickly when facing new problems, embraces change and unfamiliar tasks, consistently analyzes both success and failure to determine how to improve, maintains open mind and willingness to try new ideas or approaches, Analyzes both success and failure to determine how to improve, has a desire to learn.
8. Professional Relationships: Coaches others to appreciate workforce diversity, seeks value in diversity and differences, encourages positive attitude in others.
9. Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Works to apply new approaches to existing challenges when delegated, is open-minded and will find new solutions when obvious problem or gap exists, validates accuracy of information collected, uses internal knowledge bases or best practices.
10. Problem Solving: Considers customer implications and perceptions when approaching problems to proposing solutions, reconciles inconsistent details within SOPs or processes, able to identify problem or key issue, able to rapidly perform complex analysis, accurately assess situations, probes all potential sources for answers, can see hidden problems. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
6. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
BS in science, RN, or related degree preferred
A minimum of (1) one year of recent and related work experience required
Special Training, Certification or Licensure