Psychometric Technician I
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Pediatrics - Psychiatry
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: Varies
Req # 13249
Administers psychological tests to patients, to score tests, to write reports summarizing results, and to consult with other clinicians.
- Administers neuropsychological test batter to pediatric patients. May administer extra tests for research purposes.
- Scores and interprets results from assessment. Drafts report summarizing results of diagnostic interview to be reviewed with supervising psychologist. Sends report to requesting clinician and Medical Records.
- Makes appointments for testing. Assembles patient files and files. Data enters billing information for testing procedures and orders tests and office supplies.
- Generates monthly report for supervising psychologist summarizing testing services provided.
- Assists in development of new testing materials and on-going research.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree or two years Graduate level training in administration of psychological and neuropsychological tests preferred.
1 year experience working in a hospital setting with strong patient contact preferred. Training and experience administering psychological and neuropsychological tests required. Office experience in coordinating testing and office procedures required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure