The Quantitative Image Lab (QIL) at National Jewish Health is focused on computer-based processing of medical images to quantify the presence and severity of abnormalities. The QIL is engaged in research to develop and apply new methods, and provides image management and analysis services. The Research Assistant supports QIL activities by assisting with the processing, quality assurance and analysis of Radiologic images as well as documentation and other administrative duties.
- Performs visual review and quality assurance of radiologic images to ensure protocol compliance and appropriateness for analyses.
- Tracks, scans and analyses QIL data and communicates results of data processing to colleagues and QIL leadership.
- Communicates with designated representatives at study sites in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting with project management, adhering to timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Monitors institutional policies and procedures affecting research laboratories and implements changes as needed. Provides guidance on institutional policies and procedures to research staff.
- Provides support for collecting, analyzing and presenting data. Coordinates special projects required to accomplish research goals.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support and backup coverage as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across their department to achieve goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal local travel may be required.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required.
One year of research experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure