Quantitative Imaging Lab Research Assistant
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Quantitative Imaging Lab
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Req # 13447
- Performs visual review and quality assurance of radiologic images to ensure protocol compliance and appropriateness for analyses.
- Tracks, scans and analyses QIL data and communicates results of data processing to colleagues and QIL leadership.
- Communicates with designated representatives at study sites in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting with project management, adhering to timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Monitors institutional policies and procedures affecting research laboratories and implements changes as needed. Provides guidance on institutional policies and procedures to research staff.
- Provides support for collecting, analyzing and presenting data. Coordinates special projects required to accomplish research goals.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support and backup coverage as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across their department to achieve goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.