Respiratory Fit Technician (Health & Safety)
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Medicine - DEOHS Division
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12456
Provides technical support to the Personal Respiratory Protection Program (PRPP), Employee Health and Safety Department. Performs quantitative and qualitative respirator fit testing, training and education to internal as well as external customers. Assists with administrative duties to include local travel to service new and existing clients.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative respirator fit testing, training and education per OSHA 29CFR1910.134/139.
- Assists the Coordinator with promoting the PRPP qualitative respirator fit program to local health care and other industry organizations. This includes education, training and fit testing of disposable respirators for those employees at risk for TB and other environmental and occupational exposures in the workplace.
- Travels locally to perform respirator fits on new and existing clients.
- Records all fit test and medical clearance records onto database program to assure adequate record keeping.
- Cleans and maintains respirators, fit testing equipment.
- Develop training and educational handouts, PowerPoint Presentations.
- Assists in coordination of local seminars.
- Performs general administrative duties as to include answering phone calls, ordering supplies, filing of forms and all billing of clients.
- Serves as liaison between external clients and ancillary departments to schedule and coordinate fit testing services. Troubleshoots internal and external issues and provides timely, accurate information to the client, including the Supervisor/Manager as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer (external and internal) perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor degree in Environmental Health or related field required
A minimum of 1 year of recent and related experience, preferably in the health and safety field and a minimum of 1 year of experience providing administrative support through typing, word processing, data entry, filing, and public contact required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure