Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Sales Operations Manager to join our dynamic health and wellness team. This position serves as the primary point of contact for the Business Development team and is responsible for sales process development and implementation. The position supports lead generation for product sales and is responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance and other sales support functions. The candidate selected for this role will have demonstrated new sales track record and goal attainment, strong communication, decision making and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to effectively utilize CRM tools to monitor performance and effectiveness of lead generation. The candidate will also have demonstrated success in new business development strategies and lead qualification, proven ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills, and the ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis. Must be results oriented, have high integrity and a desire to be part of a team. This position will impact the institution by working closely with our multidisciplinary team to identify new opportunities for business growth.
Tobacco use is one of the leading causes of chronic illness. As leading respiratory hospital in the nation, we are committed to drastically improving this statistic. That’s why we’ve created top wellness programs, through the Health Initiatives team, that empower people to improve their health using evidence-based behavior modification techniques. National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives.
The Sales Operations Manager is a key role within the Business Development team. Serves as the primary point of contact for the Business Development team. Responsible for sales process development and implementation. Supports lead generation for product sales and is responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance and other sales support functions.
1. Responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of solutions for improving sales efficiency and performance. Serves as the primary point of contact for the sales team, collaborates with Finance, Operations, Marketing and Client Management teams.
2. Researches and analyzes data to provide insight and recommendations on appropriate strategies for increasing sales and customer base. Prepares and presents sales reports to provide information useful in making key business directions.
3. Conducts sales forecasting to detect emerging market trends with potential sales opportunities. Creates and manages sales pipeline, forecast reports and dashboards.
4. Works with Senior Manager, Business Development to support lead generation activities. Assists with and supports prospect identification and development of pipeline of business within target market.
5. Works closely with Marketing to create, implement and track successful marketing campaigns, sales materials and PowerPoint slides that maximize the department’s visibility to target markets and prospects as well as generates new leads.
6. Prepares sales proposals, pricing and statements of work for prospects and new clients. Responsible for monitoring and responding to government RFPs to support business expansion. Works closely with Senior Manager, Business Development to address contract issues or concerns to ensure the timeliness of contract review and execution.
7. Manages the development and delivery of sales tools, scripts, presentations and other relevant content and materials to guide and support interactions with prospective clients.
8. Manages and utilizes CRM tools in managing business transactions, sales leads, proposals and projects with various clients.
1. Attends conferences, professional association meetings and/or other industry events to support lead generation, as necessary.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
4. Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
6. Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
7. Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
8. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
9. Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Ability to travel as required (25%)
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelors in business administration, finance, marketing or a related discipline required; MBA preferred
Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience in a sales operations role required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure