Some call it a career. For us, it's a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Scheduling Customer Service Representative to join our dedicated team of qualified Patient Access professionals. Non-sectarian National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the United States. It is known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research.
This position will have a high level of impact on the institution as the first point of contact on each patient's journey to the world class health care experience that only National Jewish Health can provide. Our Scheduling Customer Service Representatives collaborate with clinic staff and other health professionals to provide outstanding patient-centered care.
The candidate selected for this role will thrive working in a fast paced, fun environment with a focus on detail and quality, and will be passionate about customer service with kindness and compassion. The ideal candidate will bring strong customer focus, adaptability, quality orientation, and ability to independently problem solve.
If helping kids and adults to have the best possible patient access experience is your calling, apply to join our fantastic team of Scheduling Customer Service Representatives now!
Schedule patient appointments for physician and ancillary services. Accurately collect all necessary patient demographic and insurance information. To maintain communications with both patients and clinical staff regarding scheduling issues.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed.
- Schedules new patient appointment using symptoms and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner. Accurately update and maintain patient wait list.
- Refers patients to financial counseling if necessary.
- Communicates with utilization management if necessary to ensure that services are authorized prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Enters physician orders and clinical details into the Registration order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies admissions department of need for direct patient contact and follow up.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate.
- Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments. Acts as a problem solver with patients, clinicians and departments to ensure that scheduling is performed with the highest level of customer service. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Self reviews scheduled appointments to ensure account is correctly set up. Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration systems, Scheduling system, and Electronic Medical Record system
Knowledge and Skills
Candidate will need to possess effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills, including handling difficult customers. Strong problem resolution skills. Effective computer skills, Strong typing: minimum of 40 words per minute. As well as, experience prioritizing and organizing work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
One (1) year Customer Service and/or Call Center experience required. Prior experience in a medical office is preferred. Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills is required. Must possess good problem-solving, negotiation, and time management skills.
Bilingual Speaking Spanish highly desired.