To assess the need for and to deliver nursing care to the Morgridge Academy students.
1. Assesses and treats students per physician orders.
2. Assesses and treats day to day medical needs of the students.
3. Develops and teaches Health Education classes to students.
4. Provides a resource to educational staff in regards to specific student's medical needs.
5. Educates school staff about medical conditions affecting the learning ability of students.
6. Communicates with parents and/or physicians as needed.
7. Participates in research projects initiated by medical research staff.
8. Evaluates and documents effectiveness of nursing interventions.
9. Provides safe nursing care.
10. Conducts routine and necessary physical screening such as: vision, height, and weight.
11. Ensures all necessary and required medical supplies and equipment is available and maintained properly.
12. Attends field trips with students.
13. Maintains student confidentiality and any other confidential information obtained during performance of duties.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated compliance in treatment of pulmonary and immunology disease.
Bachelor’s in Nursing or Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing required.
Certification and Licensure
Current Colorado RN license required; current CPR/BLS certification required.
A minimum of one (1) year general pediatric experience required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is in a clinical environment. Frequent requirements may include: reading and comprehending medical literature, including basic interpretation of disease processes, medical charts, and instructions. Communication includes ability to chart vital signs and other basic information. Communication with interdisciplinary team as well as with differing ages and levels of maturity/understanding of patient and family, taking and recording telephone messages. Manual dexterity, manipulating equipment such as blood pressure kit, oximeter, spirometer. Frequently, has the need to assist a patient by moving or lifting. Considerable physical demands, requiring lifting up to 25 pounds Also involves pushing wheelchairs, opening doors and cabinets, reaching for objects. Occasionally will need to crawl in order to retrieve a fallen object for a patient. Occasional requirements may include: sitting while completing paperwork, kneeling, and squatting. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.