The National Jewish Health (NJH) Security Administrator monitors all activities relating to corporate security functions, including physical and system level security. Responsible for overseeing all utilized security technologies and services including: protection services, data loss prevention, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Develops and implements procedures, standards and guidelines related to NJH information system physical and digital security.
- Works with IST technology management team to assist with creation and implementation of NJH information security physical and digital security.
- Keeps abreast of security issues and potential security breaches and provides direction/recommendations to IS management with appropriate solutions to proactively safeguard National Jewish Health’s vital information and intellectual property.
- Proactively performs security audits to identify potential weaknesses in system infrastructure and develops plan to mitigate risks.
- Works with National Jewish Health departments, compliance and IST to implement security measures to maintain compliance with healthcare security standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all systems used in protection services, data loss prevention, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control and profile management (i.e. Firewalls, DLP, Anti-Virus, Identity Management, Systems Logs, etc).
- Establishes and oversees development of a National Jewish Health security awareness and training program for both annual and new employee orientation requirements
- Evaluates changes to the corporate environment for security impact and present findings to management and senior leadership.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, computer science, a related field required.
A minimum of 3 years of recent and related experience is required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) is preferred.