National Jewish Health is seeking an Associate Director, Special Events in the Boca Raton, Florida office. The person in this position will be a vital member of the regional team by managing and implementing several high profile events. Reporting to the National Director of Special Events, Eastern Region, will work very closely with the Regional Director and Boca Raton office team as well as regional lay leadership, trustees, committee members, volunteers and vendors.
1. Responsible for creating fundraising strategy, managing event logistics and implementing all details for assigned events.
2. Develops strategies to meet or exceed all budgeted revenue goals.
3. Develops and cultivates relationships with Regional Trustees and event leadership..
4. Assists (as needed) with planning other events that are created. Operates and produces events within approved cost of fundraising.
5. Documents all donor contacts in compliance with National Jewish Development procedures. Maintains donor files and accounts as assigned to them.
6. Acts as a institution representative with National Jewish public.
7. Develops plans for securing gifts (key event sponsors) from new sources.
8. Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or assigned.
9. Performs as back up to staff absences and vacancies as necessary.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of computer operations and management. Both excellent written and oral skills are necessary. Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills required
Bachelor degree in related field required. Additional training in development and non-profit management preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of five (5) years fund-raising or related experience required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.