The Senior Business Analyst will lead the effort to identify business requirements and analyze and translate them into functional and technical specifications. This position will have extensive background in full software development life cycle process including software requirements, development, testing, and debugging and maintenance activities. This position will communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to evaluate and offer alternative business solutions to meet the needs of National Jewish Health.
1. Leads business requirements gathering activities and develop functional requirement documents and narratives to effectively capture and communicate new business requirements.
2. Partners with internal clients to plans and designs new business processes and user interfaces, providing recommendations to improve and support business activities.
3. Analyzes, documents, communicates and validates requirements for new user interfaces.
4. Translates business requirements into functional and technical system specifications for new web based applications and create and maintain all system documentation as required.
5. Conducts periodic reviews of current state and future state business requirements with customers and team.
6. Lead testing efforts, ensuring that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
7. Understands troubleshooting techniques and strategies and provides support to business and IST teams to resolve operational problems.
8. Supports customer with software and web solutions and provides follow up to requests for enhancements.
9. Provides project planning and management of software and web development projects.
10. Leads scrum sessions with assigned project team in an efficient manner.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Build Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
3. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contribution of others.
4. Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
5. Managing Conflict: Dealing with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand and develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when required.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or Business Information Systems related degree required.
A minimum of five (5) years of recent and related experience working on functional specifications of user interfaces or web-centric development projects, with at least three (3) years of partnering with stakeholders, eliciting requirements to deliver specifications and solutions. Experience with project executions and resource management required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Knowledge of system design, HTML for screen mock-up, usage of visual creation tools, MYSQL and MSSQL tools and experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies preferred