To act as clerical support staff who assists physicians, managers and technical personnel using specific knowledge in diagnostic research and testing procedures for Pulmonary Physiology Services.
- Answers, screens and routes phone call, which includes taking messages. Greets patients when clinical support rep. is not available. Opens up the office each morning and adjusts daily schedule.
- Assigns and prepares departmental technical staff daily work schedules and makes adjustments throughout the day as demand changes. Proactively informs supervisor and scheduler of daily schedule changes.
- Schedules patients in hospital wide computer system. Communicates with appropriate departments and physicians to arrange testing. Assigns testing to the proper patient accounts to ensure accurate billing of all PPS procedures.
- Informs outside patients and physicians about testing via phone. Acquires order form and information to schedule patients in the scheduling system and informs the patients of preparation for specific testing. Works with ambassadors to coordinate and schedule complex of out-of state and local patients.
- Duplicates documents, sets up and maintains filing system. Composes correspondence related to servicing patients for diagnostic testing to include accurate and timely, distribution of reports for internal and external customers.
- Maintains an effective working relationship and good customer service skills with all areas of the Institution.
- May assist in setting up meeting, conferences and seminars or special programs for the Director and Supervisors of Pulmonary Physiology Services.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of 2 years clerical experience, including a minimum of one year technical typing and word processing experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure