Organizes, documents, and recommends strategies for managing data at National Jewish Health. Partners with multiple teams throughout the organization to analyze new and existing data needs, and appropriately architects methodologies for capturing and reporting data back to various customers. Analyzes business procedures and recommend specific types of data that can be used to improve upon them.
- Builds and maintains a dictionary of commonly used data elements, their definitions, and locations within the NJH institution.
- Guides the institution as to where data should be stored when additional data capture is required, ensuring proper HIPAA and NJH guidelines are followed.
- Guides users requesting data from institutional resources on best location to acquire data.
- Partners with all clinical, business, and biostatistics application teams to understand incoming data and relationships.
- Partners with cross functional teams and departments to provide guidance and support for Data Governance.
- Provides professional documentation of data architecture and report specifications.
- Develops reporting requirements and determines how best to deliver the information.
- Works with NJH Leadership teams to identify and provide metrics on Key Performance Indicators.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor degree in mathematics, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree required.
A minimum of five (5) years of recent and related data mining experience, with at least three (3) years of partnering with stakeholders, eliciting requirements to deliver specifications and solutions, is required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Training in data visualization preferred