Performs high level professional accounting duties for the institution. Responsible for management of assigned accounts and financial reports. Ensures the integrity of financial information and reporting and exercises considerable judgement in recording, reconciling, and maintaining the accuracy of the institution’s financial transactions.
- Ensures all account transactions follow GAAP through preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, trial balances and audit schedules. Develops and implements workflows to ensure accuracy of accounts and financial records of the institution. Works with auditors to adequately resolve questions.
- Serves as the expert for assigned areas, including accounting, taxation and regulatory filings. Serves as a resource for the institution and co-workers by providing effective communication, direction, guidance and resources as appropriate on issues of accounting, taxation, and financial reporting.
- Prepares reports for senior, executive management, and bond committees including financial statements, tax reporting, and other reports as needed. Prepares regulatory reports including, but not limited to the 990, 990T, U.S. Census, and various states.
- Assists the Director of Finance and the Assistant Controller in developing fiscal policies and procedures; researching new accounting and tax standards; and implementing new accounting pronouncements.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of computer systems including the ability to query, run reports, and process system interfaces.
- Maintains employee confidentiality and any other confidential information obtained while performing job duties. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulations and legal agency requirements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Bachelor degree in Accounting required, Master degree preferred
A minimum of five years of experience in the accounting field required. Public accounting and/or hospital or related organization experience preferred
Special Training, Certification or Licensure