National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic marketing communications team. The candidate selected for this role will be a collaborative team player with strong graphic design, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
The Senior Graphic Designer is an integral member of the marketing communications team and will be responsible for building brand recognition through superior graphic design, marketing solutions and visual communication. The Senior Graphic Designer designs and implements marketing collateral in both print and digital environments for all internal and external key audiences, including consumers, physicians and patients to address the Company’s marketing communication needs.
Responsible for overall design and production of promotional and marketing materials for National Jewish Health throughout the organization. Assists the Design Studio Manager in customer service and communication of key creative initiatives to audiences in the most efficient and helpful manner.
- Works with Design Studio Manager, and other Senior Designers to develop creative communication materials for a variety of projects and needs at National Jewish Health.
- Acts as a key contact for the Design Studio in Design Studio Manager’s absence.
- Supports the Design Studio Manager in enforcing corporate branding/identity initiatives as they pertain to online and printed materials. Also works in conjunction with the Web Strategy Manager to maximize online design opportunities.
- Ensures that both electronic and physical archival systems are functioning. Supports the Design Studio Manager in maintaining overall operation of the Studio, including equipment, software, software upgrades and supplies.
- Assumes lead design role on wide variety of projects involving multiple designers and/or products to ensure branding and quality standards are met.
- Manages print production including press checks, color proofing and electronic file preparation.
- Takes a lead role in understanding and resolving technical issues involving file preparation, archiving, scanning, etc.
- Responsible for creative direction, design, photo and illustration direction and production of materials for print and web. Responsible for some online design with a working knowledge of HTML or comparable web software.
- Utilizes knowledge of project management, budgeting and time management to create work that delivers on time and in budget. Utilizes industry standard graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Partners with other departments utilizing excellent customer service and communication skills and delivering a positive customer service experience.
- Maintains and improves relationships with internal and external customers. Assists Design Studio Manager as needed and may serve as a backup for manager functions when needed.
- Focuses on cost savings opportunities to reduce overall design and printing costs for National Jewish Health.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking "smart" risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or closely related field required.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in an Art Director / Sr. Designer role required. Extensive experience including graphic design, photo art direction, illustration direction, leading the creative process and production of artwork through offset printing, preferred. Understanding of marketing and brand with appropriate background experience preferred. Experience in health care / and or scientific areas desired.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure