The Majka lab has recently joined NJH and is seeking motivated Lab Researchers to join their innovative team studying lung stem cell fate and function.
Our lab has discovered and characterized a novel population of resident lung mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in murine and human systems. Research efforts are focused on understanding how these stem cells regulate tissue homeostasis as well as remodeling at the expense of repair during chronic lung disease.
Training on specific techniques used in the laboratory will be provided. General techniques utilized in the lab include: in vivo and in vitro modeling of stem cell fate and function, flow cytometry, cell culture, measuring physiology, confocal & 2-photon microscopy and molecular biology (PCR, Western blots, transfections, etc.)
The position independently performs all phases of experimental investigations and collaborates with the principal investigators in the progress of major research projects. Acts as a technical advisor to laboratory technical, support and auxiliary staff.
- Plans, develops, operates, records, collaborates and reports on research projects.
- Performs as the technical advisor on techniques involving complex analyses utilizing highly sophisticated techniques.
- Provides guidance to laboratory staff, including technicians, support and auxiliary staff.
- Plans, organizes and leads the work of Lab Researchers and Lab Technicians.
- Serves as the primary contact with the research staff for technical services on major techniques, recording devices and statistical procedures relative to the specifically assigned field.
- Reviews quality control of new of modified laboratory techniques which may affect any part of major projects.
- Performs routine and non-routine tests leading to the successful completion of developed experiments.
- Prepares statistical tabulations, using a calculator or computer.
- Demonstrates enhanced proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, programming and mathematical ordering systems.
- Oversees supply functions, inventory control, equipment use and maintenance, and animal care and ordering, as needed.
- Ensures laboratory and staff compliance with departmental, Institution and regulatory policies
- Maintains compliance with all institutional / safety training requirements.
- Maintains laboratory records, supplies, samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
- Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Drive for Excellence: Consistently meets performance expectations, ensures that accurate, objective, and timely measures of quality are made and used.
- Innovation Management: Identifies key trends, opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
BS /BA Degree required
5 years of Laboratory Experience required. A Master’s Degree and 3 years or laboratory experience may be substituted for the required 5 years of work experience.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure