Senior Lab Researcher
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Medicine - Pulmonary Division
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 800am - 500pm
Req # 12897
The position independently performs all phases of experimental investigations and collaborates with the principal investigators in the progress of major research projects. Acts as a technical advisor to laboratory technical, support and auxiliary staff.
- Plans, develops, operates, records, collaborates and reports on research projects.
- Performs as the technical advisor on techniques involving complex analyses utilizing highly sophisticated techniques.
- Provides guidance to laboratory staff, including technicians, support and auxiliary staff.
- Plans, organizes and leads the work of Lab Researchers and Lab Technicians.
- Serves as the primary contact with the research staff for technical services on major techniques, recording devices and statistical procedures relative to the specifically assigned field.
- Reviews quality control of new of modified laboratory techniques which may affect any part of major projects.
- Performs routine and non-routine tests leading to the successful completion of developed experiments.
- Prepares statistical tabulations, using a calculator or computer.
- Demonstrates enhanced proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, programming and mathematical ordering systems.
- Oversees supply functions, inventory control, equipment use and maintenance, and animal care and ordering, as needed.
- Ensures laboratory and staff compliance with departmental, Institution and regulatory policies
- Maintains compliance with all institutional / safety training requirements.
- Maintains laboratory records, supplies, samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
- Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Drive for Excellence: Consistently meets performance expectations, ensures that accurate, objective, and timely measures of quality are made and used.
- Innovation Management: Identifies key trends, opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
BS /BA Degree required
5 years of Laboratory Experience required. A Master’s Degree and 3 years or laboratory experience may be substituted for the required 5 years of work experience.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure