Senior Lab Researcher position is available immediately for a highly motivated individual in the Department of Medicine to investigate the impact of CD55 and JAK/STAT pathway dysregulation in alveolar macrophages (AMs) on chronic beryllium disease (CBD) progression.
The successful applicant will spearhead NIH-funded research project(s) and develop the ability to work independently. Prior experience in the field of innate/adaptive immunity and inflammation is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of lymphocyte biology, coupled with extensive experience in flow cytometry, western blotting, transfection, vector construction and other immunoassays.
For consideration candidates must submit an application. Candidates may also submit a description of their research interests, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Li at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Plans, develops, operates, records, collaborates and reports on research projects.
2. Performs as the technical advisor on techniques involving complex analyses utilizing highly sophisticated techniques.
3. Provides guidance to laboratory staff, including technicians, support and auxiliary staff.
4. Plans, organizes and leads the work of Lab Researchers and Lab Technicians.
5. Serves as the primary contact with the research staff for technical services on major techniques, recording devices and statistical procedures relative to the specifically assigned field.
6. Reviews quality control of new of modified laboratory techniques which may affect any part of major projects.
7. Performs routine and non-routine tests leading to the successful completion of developed experiments.
8. Prepares statistical tabulations, using a calculator or computer.
9. Demonstrates enhanced proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, programming and mathematical ordering systems.
10. Oversees supply functions, inventory control, equipment use and maintenance, and animal care and ordering, as needed.
11. Ensures laboratory and staff compliance with departmental, Institution and regulatory policies
12. Maintains compliance with all institutional / safety training requirements.
13. Maintains laboratory records, supplies, samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
Other Duties & Responsibilities: (Optional)
1. Performs all other duties as assigned
1. Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
2. Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
3. Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
4. Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
5. Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
6. Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
7. Drive for Excellence: Consistently meets performance expectations, ensures that accurate, objective, and timely measures of quality are made and used.
8. Innovation Management: Identifies key trends, opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
BS /BA Degree required
5 years of Laboratory Experience required.
A Master’s Degree and 3 years or laboratory experience may be substituted for the required 5 years of work experience.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure