Senior Manager, Business Development
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Health Initiatives
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12688
Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Business Development to join our dynamic team. The candidate selected for this role will have experience leading and managing business development for existing and new businesses. Responsibilities include driving business growth by identifying, recommending, analyzing, developing and implementing new business lines, partnerships and products. Responsibilities include directing new business development, identifying and cultivating key customer prospects, building awareness of services and products, and working with the Health Initiatives leadership team to identify new product development opportunities. Strong negotiating skills and demonstrated effectiveness in closing sales are essential. Track record of successfully developing and launching new products and increasing revenue. Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed presentation, problem solving, analytical and visionary skills will be vital to the success of this role. This position will impact the institution by working closely with our multidisciplinary team to identify new opportunities for business growth.
Tobacco use is one of the leading causes of chronic illness. As leading respiratory hospital in the nation, we are committed to drastically improving this statistic. That’s why we’ve created top wellness programs, through the Health Initiatives team, that empower people to improve their health using evidence-based behavior modification techniques. National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives.
- Directs all new business development opportunities to meet established goals and objectives. Develops business cases to support new product and service development.
- Identifies and develops business areas to grow revenue and increase market share including identifying key customer groups, building awareness of products and services, developing potential partnerships and identifying new product development.
- Conducts research to identify and vet new business opportunities and provides market intelligence and business trends regarding competitive offerings and prospect needs with a view on developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Screens potential business proposals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements (both internal and external), potential growth projections and financial impact. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Directs strategic marketing efforts to support market expansion and drive revenue growth for existing and new business within HI.
- Coordinates business analysis, operations, sales and product development personnel in the business development process to proactively integrate overall capabilities and requirements into the decision making process.
- Identifies, develops and strengthens business relationships to advance the business. Manages customer relations to increase the business’s visibility and reputation.
- Facilitates proposal process with respect to timeliness, standardization, quality and results. Prepares documents, information and/or presentations for requests for proposals (RFPs) and other opportunities for new business growth.
- Implements a reporting and monitoring system to effectively manage and report business development opportunity data.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Routine travel (25 – 35%) by automobile or plane to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing and/or closely related field required. Master’s degree in business administration preferred.
A minimum of 5 years recent and related business development, sales, and/or marketing in a service industry required. Proven record of success and expertise in business development. Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Strong negotiating skills and demonstrated effectiveness in closing sales required. Track record of successfully developing and launching new products and increasing revenue. Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed presentation, problem solving, analytical and visionary skills. Ability to develop business cases required.