This role is Part Time, with 20 hours anticipated per week.
Maintains and provides technical engineering services for main campus and remote site network infrastructures including the ability to design, implement and maintain network, security, wireless and voice technologies and solutions. Primary responsibility is to administer technical operation of the LAN/WAN including configuration & deployment, monitoring, maintenance & troubleshooting, auditing and log management and upgrade and support of all network systems including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN and VOIP. Provides analysis of network traffic, hardware/software configurations, disaster recovery and network utilization. Provides direct customer support to resolve customer problems & questions as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest level of customer service, meeting our SLC guidelines and requirements.
1. Provides expertise and direction in the development and modification of complex network and security architecture design to enhance performance and availability.
2. Configures and deploys network equipment, appliances and systems such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VPN, web filters, VOIP, IDS/IPS and remote links to other institutions, etc. Performs routine maintenance and upgrades to networking hardware devices and software.
3. Maintains and configures firewall in conjunction with security administrator.
4. Troubleshoots network issues, hardware devices and software to provide diagnosis and complete repairs or fixes for the network. Performs packet captures and analysis as needed.
5. Actively uses Service Request Tracking Application to receive technical-related issues and document process of response/resolution to meet SLC requirements.
6. Coordinates assigned project tasks with vendors, suppliers and contractors to assure timely and appropriate project completion.
7. Maintains and installs telecommunication cabling such as phone system cabling, T-1, fax lines and Ethernet
8. Provides necessary wiring and connections for new services or when changes in existing services are required.
9. Develops and documents system standards for network devices and assist in the development of policy & procedure creation to support the NJH networking infrastructure and secure transmission of data.
10. Stays abreast of innovations and emerging technologies, benchmarking and analyzing the networking environment and making recommendations for future enhancements, improvements, growth and standards in the network infrastructure and VOIP systems.
11. Performs routine maintenance and upgrades to networking hardware devices and software.
12. Participates in on call rotation as required to National Jewish Health’s computing environment.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
3. Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
4. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Associate’s Degree from a College or technical school, or equivalent experience is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of recent and related experience in administering the technical operation of Enterprise Network environments, troubleshooting hardware and appliance problems and designing configurations for management of the network in a diverse physical and virtual environment.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
CCNA, BCNE or JNCIA preferred or equivalent experience required. Must have knowledge in at least two of the following domains: Network, Security, Voice or Wireless.
In depth knowledge and proficient in the configuration and operation of the following network standards and practices: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP protocols, DLSw, QoS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP and multicasting.
In depth knowledge of Layer 2 &1 protocols/services such as: Switching, VLANs, Ethernet, STP, Frame-Relay, ATM, Private Line, DS1, DS3 OCx, etc.
Must have a strong working knowledge of five or more of the following technologies: Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Palo Alto, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, routing protocols, security and application services. Network design and configuration experience (enterprise-class switches, routers & firewalls) required.