National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Information Services & TechnologyDenver, COFull Time (40 hours per week)Work Hours:
8:00 am - 5:00 pmReq # 13236
The Service Desk Support Supervisor provides direct oversight for the day to day operations of the IST service desk. This role will act as a hands-on technical leader, an escalation point for complex issues, and will ensure that exceptional first level support is provided to all clinical, research, administrative, and external portal end users for National Jewish Health. This position works closely with the Technical Support Manager to understand the overall support strategy, direction for the service desk and partners with other Information System teams to deliver high quality service.
1. Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
2. Ensures the service desk is delivering consistent, reliable service and issue resolution. Guarantees that all phases of service desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately. This includes studying and standardizing processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
3. Creates, maintains, and distributes technical support documentation, as well as training materials to the team, and publishes on the IST SharePoint sites.
4. Establishes and analyzes metrics to benchmark the service desk workload/performance and identifies trends in call center issues.
5. Manages scheduling and coverage for the service desk.
6. Processes incoming incident and service requests for Information Services. This includes interviewing end users to collect all necessary information, answering, evaluating, and prioritizing all incoming requests from end users requesting IST services, experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
7. Enters all requests into the Enterprise Service Management system. This includes thoroughly documenting all information related to the request, any and all error messages received by the end user, all troubleshooting that has been performed, as well as any other information that would be deemed pertinent to the reported issue.
8. Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for end user problems and requests. Maintains a sharp focus on first touch resolution, and refers more complex issues that cannot be resolved at the service desk level to other IST support groups via Enterprise Service Management system.
9. Uses available tools, technical skills and ability to resolve as many cases as possible from the service desk perspective, increasing first touch resolution. Leverages remote control software to trouble-shoot and train end users.
1. Acts as backup for Service Desk staff as required.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
3. Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
4. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
6. Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
7. Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
8. Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Supervises 3 – 5 employees
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business information systems or other related field preferred.
A minimum of 4 years of recent and related IT service desk experience required. A minimum of 2 years of previous supervisor experience is required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
A+, Network +, Microsoft Certifications, and ITIL V3 Foundations Certification preferred.