Sleep Technologist - Registered
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Sleep Lab
Full Time (30-39 hours per week)
Work Hours: 6:30 pm - 7:00 am
Req # 12801
- Performs high quality diagnostic sleep study testing to assist the physician in the diagnosis of sleep breathing conditions in accordance with AASM, BRPT, AAST, and departmental policy and procedure.
- Assists with preparing patients for examination and may obtain patient medical history by accurately taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height and weight) and documents the results in appropriate systems and/or EMR. May review medication list. May perform spirometry and/or other pre-appointment testing and documents the results appropriately.
- Proficient with analysis of diagnostic sleep study data in accordance with AASM, BRPT, AAST, and departmental policy and procedure.
- Prepares and completes all required documentation in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Proficient in the use and navigation of all sleep software and the electronic medical record.
- Performs all related responsibilities associated with sleep studies testing to include operating and maintaining equipment in accordance with hospital and department safety policy and procedures.
- Participates in quality improvement processes on an on-going basis, including acting as quality control subject as assigned.
- Maintains continuing education requirements as outlined by specific credentials through the Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologist (BRPT) and per the accreditation standards through the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), as well as institutional policies.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff to assure high quality sleep studies on all patients.
- Proficient with the application of all PAP therapies (CPAP, BIPAP, ASV, AVAPS) and medications in accordance to the AASM, insurance requirements and regulations, and department policies and procedures.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.