The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is to ensure overall quality in all aspects of custom software development, both functionally and technically in order to meet the requirements of the customer. Provides troubleshooting support during the development lifecycle and collaborates with developers on bug fixes and requirements delivery to ensure products/services meet quality and deliverable standards. Tests deliverables in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
- Regularly communicates with business analysts and application development team to manage priority bugs and update documentation.
- Reviews Backlog items and user stories to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Develop, document and maintain test plans, test cases and other test artifacts such as test data, data validation, harness scripts and test scripts.
- Facilitates test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Performs black box testing techniques to verify that the software released has no defects. Responsible for managing bug tracking systems throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects as well as isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Performs backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Executes tests and documents results to ensure that validated deliverables meets user requirements.
- Provides application support and responds to issues within established service level agreements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required
3 years experience required
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, programming & software techniques, Team Foundation Server, and SQL preferred. Experiences in Quality Management Software and Processes including experience in technical aspects of software solution testing required. Knowledge of Agile methodology preferred.