National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Pharmacy
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Req # 13261
The staff pharmacist processes prescriptions, oversees and directs pharmacy technician workflow, provides pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care teams and patients, and identifies and solves day-to-day operational issues.
- Reviews, interprets, clarifies, and enters prescriber orders/prescriptions.
- Prepares all forms of medications using accurate calculations and proper procedures.
- Maintains and improves operational efficiency and accuracy by training, organizing and directing pharmacy technician workflow. Verifies the accuracy of their order entry, preparation, and labeling of prescriptions.
- Listens attentively and responds promptly to customers’ needs, requests and concerns in a respectful manner.
- Utilizes available information to track and understand each patient’s medication history and make recommendations to prescribers as the situation requires.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling customers on drug therapies.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Collaborates with research staff on investigational drug research. Maintains accurate records, dispenses and labels per research protocol.
- Performs competencies and assigned training prior to deadline. Completes professional continuing education as required by rules and regulations of governing body.
- Provides after hours services to hospital personnel as requested.
- Assists Director of Pharmacy in implementation of department initiatives.
- Checks accuracy and expiration dates, and stocks Pyxis machines as needed.
- Checks customers out at register efficiently and accurately.
- Inventories, stocks and places orders for the pharmacy stock as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal local travel may be required.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy required.
One (1) year of pharmacy experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
- Must possess current Colorado pharmacist license (RPh)
- Must be certified in American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or become certified within 6 months of employment.
- Must be APhA Immunization certified or become certified within 6 months of employment.