Our lab studies transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of the genes that functionally important in immune cell development and immune responses that cause inflammation and diseases. This role completes routine lab work, including, but not limited to, lab reagent ordering, autoclave, reagent preparation, DNA preparations, genotyping and gel electroporation.
The role is well suited for an undergraduate student who is interested in biomedical research. As a student role, no experience is required and we will provide training. At this time we plan for the Student Research Assistant to work approximately 10-20 hours per week, (hours available will be based on the needs of the lab).
1. To observe procedures and techniques unique to specific jobs and tasks.
2. Assist Laboratory Researchers with routine lab procedures such as data collection, sterilization of equipment and preparation of routine laboratory solutions.
3. Stock and inventory laboratory supplies.
4. Pick up and deliver materials and supplies.
5. Maintains compliance with all institutional / safety training requirements.
6. Answers phones and screens calls, refers calls or messages, arranges appointments, greets visitors, and performs associated clerical duties.
7. Enters data or performs related computer data entry.
8. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and good customer service skills.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment preferred.
Completion of Employment Application, initial and placement interviews, references, on-line safety training and attends portions of "New Hire Orientation".