Responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of financial and Human Resource systems. Manages the applications programming and analysis staff staff for business systems and manages small to medium sized projects.
- Prioritizes and assigns work to business systems staff, monitors work quality, and reviews output. Ensures resources are in place and operating effectively within the technical discipline.
- Manages small to medium sized projects with cross functional and technical teams. Establishes plans and prioritizes initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Facilitates meetings with key stakeholders to develop project scope and requirements and document for technical development.
- Works with HR and Finance Departments to improve the efficiency of all business and related systems.
- Mentor technical staff on technical issues. Develops staff skills through coaching, mentoring and other work assignments.
- Responsible for designing complicated custom applications and interfaces. Influences key technical decisions such as standards, policies, environment selection, architecture and data flows.
- Develops, tests, and documents customized software and interfaces between business systems and other enterprise systems.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contribution of others.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand and develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when required.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance and ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior ro accommodates tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establish and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 3-5 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required
A minimum of seven (7) years of experience with PeopleSoft and/or Kronos applications. A minimum of three (3) years of project management or people management.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
PMP preferred. Proficient in PeopleSoft Development including SQR, PeopleCode, SQL, and PS Query. Proficient in Administration of PeopleSoft Application, Web, and File Servers. Experience in applying PeopleSoft delivered upgrades and fixes.