This position is responsible for managing the client service team to high performance and exceptional customer relations. This position is responsible for cultivating, maintaining, and developing new relationships with key external and internal clinical diagnostics and clinical trials clients, including increasing sales, educating clients, advocating for expanded use of ADx Laboratory services, and providing unparelled client management support.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and manages communication scripts for client services staff to provide best in class customer support.
- Works with laboratory colleagues to ensure the work client services performs provides the best use of client services time in relation to the strategies and objectives.
- Develops and executes business retention, growth strategies, and tactics consistent with ADx directives and objectives by cultivating and developing client relationships.
- Ensures effective use of institutional information systems including training staff, monitoring quality and maximizing use of system in department.
- Works with the business development, marketing, sales, and billing to identify new client satisfaction, education, and engagement opportunities.
- Maintains metrics on identified customer needs, client satisfaction, client retention, and competition in order to maintain and improve ADx’s services.
- Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and center-wide specific programs.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 1-6 employees.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in business or a medical/scientific discipline required. Master’s degree, preferred.
A minimum of four (4) years of recent and health care related client service, sales, or business development required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure