National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Environmental ServicesDenver, COFull Time (40 hours per week)Work Hours:
5:00am - 1:30pmReq # 13033
To coordinate and supervise the Environmental Service workers to ensure that linen, cleaning, furniture moving and meeting set-ups for National Jewish Health follow standards established by the department, Infectious Control policies, manufactures recommendations to maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
1. Supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: interviews, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, and recommends discipline to their Manager. Part of this is to perform daily inspections to evaluate cleanliness, productivity of staff, and to determine project needs.
2. Ensures all departmental policies and procedures, safety programs, leave time scheduling are followed and inspects the work of ES I and ES II workers to assist the Manager with annual evaluations.
3. Fills in on any schedule (in the absence of the normal worker doing the schedule) to perform cleaning functions for assigned area(s) which include: vacuuming carpets, dust mopping and wet mopping tile floors, cleaning and disinfecting bathroom surfaces, damp wiping surfaces, and removing the trash from their assigned area.
4. Performs specialty cleaning functions for assigned areas which include, cleaning furniture, and projects such as wall and window washing, vent cleaning, and shower and tile scrubbing.
5. Performs equipment inspections and creates work order for required repairs and recommends maintenance as needed.
6. Processes and completes work order requests from all departments for furniture moves, meeting and conference room set ups, and audio-visual equipment delivery, etc.
7. Observes the facility during inspections to help Identify potential problem areas and reporting facility or equipment malfunctions, suspicious persons, and safety hazards to supervisor.
8. Fills in as Departmental Manager in the manager's absence organizing the staff to ensure that daily assignments are completed.
9. Ensures and participates as needed in the pickup of all materials to be recycled or shredded throughout the campus.
10. Review the daily par levels for linen at each location and places the order each day with the vendor.
11. Required to be part of the on-call rotation for the weekends while staff is working
12. Distributes the duty ring keys and cell phones to all of the Environmental Services staff in the absence of the ES III worker during their shift.
1. Helps with major cleaning caused by facility problems such as; floods, water pipe breaks, cafeteria spills, accidents, etc.
2. Supports the snow removal team during snow storms.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
4. Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
5. Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
6. Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
7. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
8. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Supervises 20-25 employees
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience in a health care setting is desired.
A minimum of four years progressively responsible experience in commercial building maintenance as an Environmental Services Worker required. Two years combination of supervisory skills IE; ES III worker preferred or filling in for a Manager when that position is away from the campus.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure