National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Information Services & Technology
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Some evenings and weekends required)
Req # 12686
The System Administrator provides technical and administrative support for all components of server and operating systems environments and their associated hardware and software. Assists customers and IS teams in testing, analysis and problem solving system functions and applications. Administers technical operation of servers and provides direct customer support to resolve customer problems & questions as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest level of customer service, meeting Information Services and Technologies (IST) SLC guidelines and requirements.
- Acts as the secondary escalation point for the desktop level support teams for all issues related to communications to and from server information system components and service availability for client workstation (i.e. desktops, laptops, thin clients) and peripheral device (i.e. printers, copier, fax).
- Maintains and periodically audits user accounts for servers and the windows domain to maintain authorized end user and vendor support access to information systems.
- Responsible for adding, modifying, removing, and periodic auditing records in server infrastructure application services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, Anti-Virus, spam filtration and others as assigned to maintain service availability and accuracy.
- Builds and supports physical and virtual servers, installing O/S, installing agreed upon third party software components as assigned, and applies the appropriate configuration and security settings needed to follow the established system build process.
- Maintains and supports the server system environment to ensure that the services on them are available and also maintains and performs backups for them using the enterprise backup system to meet our service level and backup/recovery guidelines.
- Creates, updates, and periodically audits documentation of server system environment configuration(s) to maintain system documentation accuracy and to adhere to the change management policy.
- Proactively reviews system alerts and, as needed, performs examination of server system hardware and O/S software performance utilization levels and trends, documenting issues and proposing potential solutions.
- Applies updates, patches, and configuration changes in compliance with the established patch management and information security standards to the server operating system software as well as any agreed upon and assigned application server software components.
- Actively uses the service request management application system to receive technical-related issues and document process of response/resolution to meet service level requirements.
- Coordinates assigned project tasks with vendors, suppliers and contractors to assure timely and appropriate project completion.
- Maintains employee confidentiality and all other confidential information.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Build Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contribution of others.
- Build Strategic Relationships: identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand and develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when required.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Associate’s Degree from a two-year College or technical school required.
A minimum of three (3) years of recent and related experience in administering the technical operation of system and server environments, troubleshooting hardware and software problems and designing configurations for management of system/servers in a diverse physical and virtual environment required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Microsoft certification is preferred. Advanced knowledge of operating systems, communication protocols, infrastructure operations, technical operations, server and application security required.