Some call it a career. For us, it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Trainer to join our dedicated team of qualified Insurance Verification professionals. Non-sectarian National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the United States. It is known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research.
This position will have a high level of impact on the institution. Our Trainer collaborates with clinic staff and other health professionals to provide outstanding patient-centered care.
The candidate selected for this role will thrive working in a fast paced, fun environment with a focus on detail and quality, and will be passionate about customer service with kindness and compassion. The ideal candidate will bring strong customer focus, adaptability, quality orientation, and ability to independently problem solve.
If helping kids and adults to have the best possible patient access experience is your calling, apply to join our fantastic team!
1. Provide training and coaching to all staff in Administrative Services specific to Insurance and the authorization process. Utilize in-house subject matter experts, outside speakers, videos and other training materials as needed to ensure a thorough understanding & retention of material.
2. Maintains a thorough understanding of all major insurance plans, medical terminology and all ancillary procedures conducted by National Jewish. Demonstrates solid knowledge of the revenue cycle process.
3. Develops and coordinates departmental staff training and development programs using organizational, communication and presentation skills. Trains staff on Affinity and Allscripts. Educates staff on patient insurance requirements and limitations.
4. Assist with policy and procedure development, staff training materials and updates and makes recommendations for change.
5. Coordinates competency-based training topics as appropriate for various levels of staff development. Ensures department meets Joint Commission requirements for orientation and competency assessment.
6. Maintains knowledge of training trends and styles and evaluates training programs for applicability to department.
7. Works with Corporate Trainer to maintain training records, including class attendance, class evaluation/assessment, and competency tests and program completion.
8. Maintains employee confidentiality and any other confidential National Jewish information that is obtained during the performance of the job.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and good customer service skills.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point. Access software knowledge a plus.
Bachelor degree in Communications, Health Administration, or related field, preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of three (3) years of recent and related experience working in insurance authorizations, financial counseling, or claims processing. Healthcare experience, preferred. Training experience desired.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.