Provides clerical support, acts as a receptionist, assists with patient care activities, and coordinates services between different areas/departments.
- Answers and directs incoming calls, labels the clinic rooms.
- Processes equipment and supply requests in a timely and fiscally responsible manner. Seeks approval from Clinic Administrator or Nursing Clinical Coordinator for all purchasing requests.
- Stocks MD and patient rooms daily, including forms, supplies (medical and or office), and equipment.
- Process all OOS Binder paperwork; testing and incoming medical records to complete the binder prior to the last visit.
- Review room assignments and RN assignments for last minute changes and add-on’s.
- Coordinates communications with the work area and interdepartmentally. Knowledgeable of computer software.
- Knowledgeable of computer software. Complies with documentation requirements for written and computerized systems, enters, and retrieves data.
- Represents department/facility by demonstrating and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Coordinates patient flow within unit/clinic.
- Promptly acknowledges and provides customers with exemplary service. Conducts self in professional manner.
- Provides safe and accurate patient care within level of training/ competency.
- Applies technical skills and experience in gathering data as it pertains to patient care (includes but not limited to: accurate charge entry, maintenance of patient records, completion of Certificate of Medical Necessity, and reporting updated information.)
- Coordinates the maintenance of a safe environment.
- Communicates patient/family education requests or needs to RN. Provide educational materials upon request.
- Implements care and services that recognize age-specific needs and issues for customers served.
- Adjusts priorities based on changing volume, acuity, cases, census, and department needs while maintaining patient safety and promoting patient satisfaction.
- Accountable for and participates in resolution of complaints/concerns from patients/families and team members, and responds positively to satisfy the varied needs.
- Supports and is aware of research projects in work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly
Knowledge and Skills
Incumbent must be proficient in data entry and computer software applications, which may include Outlook, Access, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Word. Effective written and oral communications skills and effective organization abilities are required. Knowledge of some medical terminology and procedures is desirable. Incumbent must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Certification and Licensure
Current CPR/BLS certification required.
A minimum of one (1) year of recent and related experience is required. Experience within a medical unit is preferred.
- OR - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience.
Position is in a clinical environment. Frequent requirements may include: reading and comprehending medical literature, including basic interpretation of disease processes, medical charts, and instructions. Communication includes ability to chart vital signs and other basic information. Communication with interdisciplinary team as well as with differing ages and levels of maturity/understanding of patient and family, taking and recording telephone messages. Manual dexterity, manipulating equipment such as blood pressure kit, oximeter, spirometer. Frequently, has the need to assist a patient by moving or lifting. Considerable physical demands, requiring lifting up to 25 pounds Also involves pushing wheelchairs, opening doors and cabinets, reaching for objects. Occasionally will need to crawl in order to retrieve a fallen object for a patient. Occasional requirements may include: sitting while completing paperwork, kneeling, and squatting. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
Inside environmental conditions may include: The potential of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens. Has frequent exposure to infectious diseases. Occasionally, may encounter radiation from portable radiology procedures. May come into contact with various fumes/odors. Also may encounter contaminated biological waste from infectious patients. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.