National Jewish Health is seaking a Windows Application Deployment Engineer/Packaging Engineer to join our Desktop Administration team. The candidate selected for this role will work independently to innovate cutting edge technology within the institution.
The ideal candidate will effectively:
- Deploy Windows applications, security patches, service packs, hotfixes and application vulnerability fixes to physical and virtual desktops utilizing Ivanti and other application deployment systems
- Design, develop, coordinate and manage application packaging projects
- Develop enterprise OS migration plans and conduct project management and documentation as needed
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and remediation efforts on major Windows application packaging and deployments
- Diagnose Windows application deployment issues and perform roll-backs as needed
- Test new releases of software/hardware products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact
- Provide Tier 3 End User Support
The ideal candidate will possess an expert knowledge of:
- Windows 7/10 Desktop Operating Systems, Image Management, Application Packing & Distribution, Mobile Device Management, performance monitoring tools in a large distributed environment
- Active Directory/Group Policy in a distributed environment
- VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x & Horizon View 7.x and above
- VB, Batch, PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Architecting, designing and automating a zero-touch environment for Windows 7/10 Operating Systems and application deployments in an enterprise
- Industry deployment tolls such as Ivanti (LANDESK), SCCM or any other enterprise application deployment and automation systems
- Application Virtualization / Streaming solucations such as Microsoft Application Virtualization, ThinApp, App-Volume or Citrix XenApp for our virtual environment
- Automated application packing and distribution methodologies and tools such as Flexera Admin Studio or Wise Packaging Studio
- MSI and custom actions
- Acts as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd level support personnel. Assist 1st and 2nd level support in resolving more complex issues.
- Builds and standardizes desktop images and checklists to effectively manage computing processes and needs of the National Jewish Health user community.
- Supports and manages client technical applications and processes related to computer management software, end point patch management software, Enterprise Service Management system, configuration management database, and others used by Information Systems to manage our end point computing environment.
- Reviews innovations and emerging technologies in the end point computing environment and makes recommendations for future enhancements and standards.
- Creates/modifies/manages user accounts in Active Directory.
- Performs the installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of end point devices. Ensures the ongoing usability of client computers, peripheral equipment, audio/visual systems, and software within established Information Systems standards and guidelines (i.e. desktops, laptops, MAC’s, thin clients, printers, copier, fax, etc.). Trains and orients customers/users on use of hardware and software.
- Ensures that client computers connect seamlessly with file servers, storage systems (SAN), email servers, antivirus servers, networked printers, VPN, virtual computing technologies, computer conferencing systems, application servers (EMR, etc.), and administrative systems.
- Works with support vendors as necessary to resolve technical issues. Also, coordinates assigned project tasks with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure timely and appropriate project completion.
- Actively uses the Enterprise Service Management system to receive technical-related issues and documents the process of response/resolution to meet SLC requirements. This includes thoroughly documenting all information related to the request, any and all error messages received by the end user, all troubleshooting that has been performed, as well as any other information that would be deemed pertinent to the reported issue.
- Collaborates with and provides knowledge transfer to other Information Systems personnel. This includes creating and adding documents to the teams SharePoint site.
- Implements and enforces policies & procedures to manage client access methods based on Information Systems security standards.
- Adheres to Information Systems Change Control Policy and document any alterations to configurations relating to client computing devices & systems.
- Covers team on call responsibilities every 8-10 weeks.
- Performs as back up to Service Desk as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Travel to other Denver Metro area locations is required frequently. Travel to out of state locations is minimal.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business information systems or other related field preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of recent and related experience is required.